Sunday 2 December 2012

Itty Bitty Pinwheels

I finally got the squares for my "Itty Bitty Pinwheels" sewn together. The next step was to start cutting out the 1 1/2" squares to start making the pinwheels. You must use a small rotary cutter to do this. It seemed to take forever but I got the first four rows cut out and then sewn togethter. Here is a picture of my big square made up of 20 x 20 2 1/2" squares sewn together, with the first four rows of 1 1/2" itty bitty squares cut out of it. Then here is a picture showing what those 76 squares look like sewn together compared to the size of my original square. When all the squares have been cut and added to this it will make a 21" square. I must be crazy! It will be 361 squares made up of 1,444 bits of material! In my spare time I am making another chenille rug out of Stonehenge Magnolia panels. I have it about 2/3 sewn. I would have finished sewing it today, but ran out of thread. I will pick some more up in my travels tomorrow. I also managed to finish crochetting the shawl I was working on. I just have to finish working in the ends and then will get it blocked and then will take a proper picture of it to share with you. I have several Yule projects on the go and I just bought fabric for Patti Carey's "Baby Block" pattern of stacked up presents. I just hope that I have time to get it done before Christmas. I am out two evenings and one whole day this week, so I hope I get some sewing time. At least I am done work until January, so that should help. Hope your projects are progressing well! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment