Sunday 5 May 2013

Borders Left to Do

I didn't get as much sewing done as I had wanted to do this week. Life kept interfering! My lawn is dethatched and raked, my baseboards have all been cleaned, my cold air return grates have all been washed, laundry is done and I don't know what all! I was good! I did get the squares and sashing sewn together for last year's block of the month project. The left side is actually the top. Now I just need to add two or three borders. I haven't decided on how many yet. The pattern calls for two, but since I am turning a twin into a queen size quilt, I may need a third border. I am thinking of putting a border of the sashing fabric, then a brown, the same as the corner stones and then the fancy sunflower fabric that has all the colours that are in the blocks. I will be checking on the required size this week and then make my decision. My tulip wall hanging has been put on hold by Canada Post & Storage Company. My sister mailed the additional fabric that she thinks might work for a border last Tuesday. It hasn't arrived yet, so Canada Post must have decided to store it for a while. Oh well, as my sister didn't pay very much for storage, it should be arriving soon. Canada Post wonders why so many people have stopped using its services. Any guesses? London to Orillia is four hours by car, so why six days for the mail to arrive, assuming that it gets here tomorrow? I will keep my fingers crossed, as I really want to finish my quilted garden before I have to work on the real thing! It is back to work for me tomorrow. I am going to try to get the borders for the block of the month quilt cut this week and hopefully sewn on next weekend. I still have to buy the backing for it, but already have the batting. Have a good week!Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment