Sunday 28 April 2013

Sashing!!!!

My sister came up with what I think is the perfect sashing for my tulips! What do you think? Isn't she amazing? She found it, bought it & mailed it to me. I took the above picture and e-mailed it to her. The pattern calls for the outside border to be the same fabric as the sashing. So I had laid it out with some showing at two of the edges. That is when she told me that she thought that the border should be slightly darker. I looked all over my area and she looked all over her area & we decided that there is no such fabric! I did manage to find a blue and purple one that I liked with it in the store. When I got home & laid the whole thing out I decided it was too dark. What I am going to do is put a little quarter inch flap of it in between the garden and the border. Once I have that done, I will make the decision on what colour to bind it with. I am thinking the blue & purple, but will wait and see. I really didn't get any other sewing done this week. The end of my busy work season ends on Tuesday. I have asked if I can catch up my statutory holidays Wednesday & Thursday and go back to my usual Fridays off. At this point I think that is going to work out. I will end up with five days off in a row. I hope to catch up on my sleep and do some serious sewing! I will just have to wait & see how it works out. I hope you all have enough time to get some sewing done this week. Very soon we will all be busy with our real gardens, so I hope to have my tulip wall hanging up on my wall by them! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment