Sunday 7 April 2013

Colour Problem

I am rather out of sorts at the moment. I managed to fall and break two ribs last week. NOT TOO BRIGHT!!! Then, I am not sure if I like the sashing colour that I had picked out. I think it is too dark. That is a real problem! Maybe a close-up will help me decide. Maybe something lighter. Another close-up? How about a different colour flower? If you could picture the sashing with rail fence quilting and even some thread play on the rails it might be OK. To bad I didn't just want an OK wall hanging. Of course if done right it could be better than OK. I just can't make up my mind. I should know better than to even try when I am tired & cranky. I had better leave it for a week or so and then try again. It is just too hard to scramble around changing the background as I am not cutting any more sashing strips until I am happier with the colour. Anyway, I need to make a different project for my next guild meeting in a week and a half. We had a free motion quilting expert in to speak at our last meeting. I need to free motion quilt four 8 1/2" squares and get them sewn together and the backing on to make a finished 16" square. This is to practice free motion quilting and to have a 16" square to use in a craft at the next meeting. No, I am not putting my tulips away or I might never get them out again. I am going to let them stare at me for the next week or so & see if inspiration hits. I hope you are having better luck at whatever project you are working on. You could leave me a comment, telling me which colour you like better for the sashing! Hopefully, I will be less cranky by next week. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment