Monday 6 August 2012

Still More Hexagons

The Olympics are still on, so I am still making hexagons! I am now up to 34 "flowers", so 238 hexagons. I am continuing to alternate light and dark rounds. I have three more dark flowers to make to finish the outer round. The center rounds are all sewn together along with two flowers in the outside round. I am pleased with the way it is turning out, so will keep going for a bit longer, at least two more rounds before I decide what size I am making - wall hanging, lap or single bed quilt. I keep thinking that I will get bored, but so far, this hasn't happened. It has been a very good project to watch TV with. I hardly ever watch TV usually, so this is a new experience for me. I have really been enjoying the Olympics, not just the sporting events themselves, but also so many stories about the participants! My striped purse will wait for me, as will my blocks of the month and even my daughters' table runner. I am hoping that I will actually get some time off work in a couple of weeks and will be able to catch everything up then. This sounds like a plan, but could get changed. After all, quilting is my hobby and as such must be enjoyed or it wouldn't be worth doing. Right now, I am enjoying hexagons! Have a good week and I hope you are enjoying what you are working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment