Sunday 26 August 2012

The Sewing Lesson

As I promised last week, here are the pictures of my granddaughter's sewing lesson and the results. This is a before picture. Great concentration when sewing to keep the fabric straight! The scarf Kate made for her dog. Wearing the necklace she made, while showing off a tube she sewed and a bouncy ball that goes into the tube to make the necklace. I am still making hexagons. I only made nine more flowers this week, so 63 hexagons, sewn into flowers, but not yet joined to my earlier ones. My shoulder is feeling so much better, that I am sure I can add a complete light round and then a dark round. It might just end up big enough for a lap quilt for myself. I have really been enjoying the hand work. I have one more week of work coming up and then will be off for about eight weeks. As soon as I am off work I plan on getting back to my Batik block of the month project and my daughter's table runner. I think I will machine sew during the day and then hand sew in the evenings, so keep progressing with everything. That is the plan at the moment, so we will just have to see how it goes. Enjoy your week and your own current projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment