Sunday 29 July 2012

Still hexagons

Yes, I am still working on hexagons and probably will be for several more weeks. It is nice work to do while watching the Olympics! I have decided to make a wall hanging out of them. It is just too much work to do for a purse. I am not careful of my purses & often throw them down on the floor of my car, etc. I have decided to just sew some strips of fabric together, by machine, and make the purse out of that. All the hand work will be much nicer to have in a wall hanging or single bed quilt, if I don't get too bored doing them. I am trying to alternate rounds of light and then dark "flowers". I have 15 completed after going out and shopping for a bit more dark fabric. Saturday, several friends & I went down to the quilt show at Black Creek Pioneer Village. The weather was a bit warm, but the quilts were great! The village looked wonderful, with the quilts all over the place. I do hope this week to get back to my block on the month blocks. With a long weekend coming up, maybe I will manage to get caught up! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment