Sunday 15 July 2012

Photo Thread Play

As I mentioned last week, I took a photo thread play class this past week. I used a picture supplied by the teacher, Wanda, at Thimbles & Things, in Orillia. I am not sure about my clouds, but over all am very pleased with the results! Now I will be picking out one of my own photos to experiment with. Actually, I might even use one that our middle daughter took. It is lovely and available. When I praised my daughter for her photo taking, she told me that she had just snapped it on her cell phone, quickly, with a dog leash in her hands, with her dog wanting to get moving. What do you think? I think it is beautiful! While my husband was having his angioplasty this past Monday, I managed to finish the one hexagon "flower", I had been working on and complete another. I am now up to six flowers (42 hexagons) done. I think they will all go together nicely. I am waiting until I have more made before I do sew them together as I will want to mix up the colours. As a result, I have had to buy more mylar hexagons. You aren't supposed to take them out until all the edges have been sewn to other hexagons, so that will be a while. I still am not sure how many I need, so I see some measuring in my future. What I need to do this week, is catch up on my batik block of the month. With all my other projects, I have managed to get four blocks behind and with my guild meeting coming up this week, I will be getting two more to do. For anyone wondering about the e-reader cover I was working on, our youngest daughter blew the screen in her e-reader, so she says to hold off on finishing the cover as she thinks she will get a slightly smaller one, when she replaces it. That means I should be able to get back to her table runners (her idea, not mine). I also have my one fabric quilt pieces up on my design wall, that will be getting dusty, if I don't get moving on it. My husband came visiting my studio this morning and mentioned that it is a bit of a mess, so it must be time to do some sorting and tidying. I really need a vacation from work to catch all of this up! Oh well all this is part of the enjoyment of having quilting as my main hobby! I never have a dull moment. Hope you have a fun week sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment