Sunday 8 July 2012

More Hexagons

It was a busy week but I did manage to get some more hexagons sewn. Four are done, but the top left one needs to have the center hexagon sewn and then the whole thing needs to be stitched together. I also got another twelve "flowers" (seven hexagons each) cut out from six different prints. I found a bunch more Asian prints while looking for something else in my stash, so will be adding more variety. I also did some shopping this week. I am picturing 10 inch squares of the top fabrics with 2 1/2" - 6" squares of the batik sunflower fabric set into them. I picked out the batik and then managed to find three to coordinate with it and knew what colours I wanted for the others, but just couldn't seem to find the right ones. Thanks to Wanda & Sue at Thimbles & Things for helping me put the rest together. I am also taking the Photo Thread Play class with Wanda this week, so I hope to have something different to show you next week. Have a good week, lots of sewing time and lots of inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment