Sunday 1 July 2012

What A Month!

Well as you have probably noticed, I haven't posted anything for several weeks. Sorry to all of you who kept checking. We had company from Northern Ireland and from England. I thought that I would still have enough spare time to do a bit of sewing and blogging, but it just didn't happen. I was supposed to be off work, but that just didn't happen either. It made it very difficult to stay up late visiting and then get up for work in the morning. As of Friday night, we were back on our own and missing our company. I haven't gotten back into sewing very much, but am working on a couple of things. Our youngest daughter, who is waiting for her table runner, asked if I could whip up a cover for her e-reader, so the screen won't get scratched if she throws it into her purse, to take with her. She looked over my stash & came up with the fabric she wants. This is what she picked out. I did a quick design plan, cut the fabric, and started quilting. It will be folded in thirds, with one third sewn to the middle third at the edges (after binding the end), to make a pocket. Then I will bind the remaining three edges, fold over the flap & close it with Velcro. The following picture of the strip of fabric folded will give you an idea of the size. Next week, my husband is having a procedure done as day surgery. I went hunting for a hand sewing project, already on the go that I could work on while I wait for him, and came up with my hexagons. There is a neat pattern for a purse in the August issue of "Better Homes & Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting" that I am going to use them for. Mine will be flowers using some of my Asian fabric scraps. The pattern calls for 340 of the 3/4 inch(side measurement)hexagons. I very rarely follow a pattern exactly. My hexagons have one inch edges, so I won't need quite as many. I have a busy week ahead with work, Tuesday - Thursday (Monday is a holiday in Canada), dinner & a movie with my friends after work on Tuesday, my kindred group meets this Wednesday night and then my best quilting friend & I are taking a road trip on Friday to see a quilt shop we have never been to before. Hopefully, I will fit some sewing in there. Have a good week & happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment