Sunday 16 September 2012

Still Block of the Month & Hexagons

I got the frames around 15 of my block of the month squares. I had to overlap them to fit on my design wall. I also have the layout figured out for all 30 of them. These squares will not be touching in the final quilt, but will have sashing in between. I now have 80 hexagon "flowers" sewn together. I just need 11 more to finish the dark round that I am working on. They are missing from the bottom left and the very bottom. I hope to get them finished this coming week. I have the fabric picked out for the bottom left, so just have to decide on the bottom row, before I go ahead and get them all cut out. Just so you know the side measurement of each individual hexagon is one inch. With 560 hexagons making up the 80 "flowers", this project is really growing! That took care of my week. How did yours go? I hope to have another great week for sewing coming up, so should have lots more to show you next week. Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment