Sunday 23 September 2012

Last Hexagon Flowers

I am finally finished making hexagons. The total is 91 flowers = 637 hexagons. It measures 39" from side to side. The hexagons are all sewn together and I have picked out a fabric to go around them. I will applique the hexagons on to six inch wide strips that are joined together at 60 degree angles. The fabric has a navy blue background with silver and royal blue dots all over it. I will then layer & quilt it. The binding will match the strips. It will be a table runner for my dining room table when finished. The following picture doesn't do justice to the background fabric. The silver dots just make it look gray and dull, which it isn't. I will try for a better picture in daylight the next sunny day we get. I only got borders sewn on five more of my block of the month squares. My only excuse is that I did read all three books in the Hunger Games series. I found them rather disturbing but couldn't not continue reading as I needed to find out how everything turned out. I will use the dark brown fabric in the corners of the frames as corner stones, with a yellow batik as sashing and the first border. A multicolour batik will be the final border. The colours in it that stand out are the five colours that I used as frames. Hopefully it will tie everything together. These are shown in the following picture. I have a lot planned (non sewing) for the next week, so am not sure how much sewing I will get done. I am really hoping to finish the hexagon table runner as I am already planning my next handwork. How many of you have done a Cathedral Windows quilt? I am going to start small and try a throw pillow to see if I like doing it. No, I haven't forgotten my youngest daughter's table runners, but they will wait for my block of the month quilt to get sewn. I will fit them in, before I start quilting it. It has been working out not too badly machine sewing during the day and hand sewing in the evenings. I just got behind on my machine sewing this week as I was reading during the day as well. Enjoy your week & I hope you get some sewing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment