Sunday 7 October 2012

Table Runners Get Attention

What a great two weeks! (Sorry I missed blogging last Sunday.) Let's see...I helped with more painting of our deck, went to London & stayed with my sister for a couple of days, including the Ingersol quilt show, finally got blinds for the living room window, did more painting on the deck (It is a big deck, 8' x 16' where you walk out from the kitchen with eight foot wide stairs leading down to our patio and the one end of the 16' lenth joins a 16' x 16' seating area.), managed to cook a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner for company, did part of the Images Studio Tour and even got to sew! I finished sewing the frames around my block of the month squares! Then I numbered all of them (on a paper pinned to them - letter (for the row) & number (for the column) so I would know the correct order they go in. I was finally able to get them off my design wall! After that the table runners for our youngest daughter won my attention. The long one for her coffee table is an Eleanor Burns Day & Night two colour pattern, and the two end table runners are made from the leftovers. She really wants them and has been waiting since we bought the fabric in April (2012). I had to put the year as I have projects that have been waiting much longer for my attention! Anyway, all three runner tops are now complete. This coming week I will try to get the runners layered and quilted, then there will just be the binding to do with the funny corners and I will have them done (hopefully in time for show & tell at my October guild meetings). The "funny corners" have a square (1 cm x 1 cm) clipped out, so when I do the binding I have to make a regular outside mitred corner, then an inside corner and then another regular corner. It wouldn't be so bad if they were spread out a bit more, but they are really jammed together. Hopefully I will have pictures by next week to show how they turned out. I only have three weeks left of my vacation, so I better get moving! So many projects and so little time! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment