Monday 22 October 2012

Table Runners

I couldn't post this last night as my youngest daughter's birthday was today and I didn't want her to know that I finished her table runners. They are from Eleanor Burns Day & Night book. I had to change the sizes, etc. and cut 1 cm squares out of the corners for an inset little square that is part of the table legs. It took me quite a while to quilt them and then forever to get the binding right in those corners. There is an outside corner, then 1 cm away is an inside corner and then 1 cm away another outside corner. I did two practice ones and then tried the real thing. Several corners took a couple of tries to get them right. I made good use of my seam ripper! The close up picture makes the corner look crooked, but it is the way it is hanging from my design wall. I couldn't take another picture as I no longer have the runners in my house. They went home with my daughter this afternoon, along with 14 cupcakes and some Yorkshire pudding. She was happy! My next project is going to be a chenille rug, made from several Stonehenge panels. I missed the class for this, so am planning on going to the sewing night at my local quilt shop to get some help. I just have a few questions, like how far apart your sewing lines should be and if you cut between the lines of sewing before or after you bind the edges. The owner has this open class most Tuesday nights, where she will answer any questions you have about quilting. She says it is a fun night with lots of laughter, so I am looking forward to it. I am hoping to have the rug all finished by Wednesday night, so should have time to start something else. I am thinking of my "Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels - 1" Finished". The finished size of the project is supposed to be 10" x 10". I think I will make mine a bit bigger than that by using more squares to begin with. It should be fun to play with. I go back to work next week for a couple of weeks, so that will be a good time to get back to the sashing on my block of the month project. After that I am supposed to have another six weeks off, so will have lots of time to play. It sounds good to me. As well as giving me more time to sew, I will also have lots of spare time to get ready for Yule this year, which will be nice for a change! I hope your projects are coming along nicely! Have a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment