Sunday 19 February 2012

Long Week

I worked 55 hours this week. Needless to say, it is crazy busy at work. My thumb was too sore from too much sewing on Sunday to do any basting Monday night. We had company for dinner Tuesday night. Wednesday night I was out at Evening Threads Quilt Guild. It was a great night with suggestions on what to do with large scale border prints as well as smaller Jinny Beyer size ones. I got to see what everyone did with their hearts! They were great! Thursday night was Kempenfelt Quilters' Guild. Friday night our daughter came for dinner & stayed most of the evening (significant other still on afternoon shift). Saturday was more work & then shopping for my granddaughter's birthday present. While I was out I got a shelf unit for the closet in the big bedsitting room in the basement that my youngest daughter used to live in. I finally decided, after over six years in this house, that the smallest (8' x 9') bedroom upstairs is just too small for a combined office & sewing room. I am moving everything downstairs. It will take me a few weeks, but I will get there eventually. My husband put the shelf unit together (36" x 24" x 72")as well as a 36" x 36" nine cube unit for extra storage. Did I mention that the closet is 12' long, with two sets of double bifold doors and two lights? Today we drove to Toronto for the birthday party. I am rather tired tonight and so am going to take it easy!

In the mean time, what do you think of circles? I did the following a couple of years ago and decided on Friday to bring them home from the office to take pictures. Now that I am moving into a much bigger room, I think that I will keep them here to decorate my new room.


I love batiks! This was made with a bunch of scraps from a wall hanging I made for my middle daughter a few years ago.

The next one I made from some fabric that my girlfriend gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. She knows how much I love Asian fabric. I wanted to make it as large as I could with the fabric on hand, so ended up having to piece the binding, but I think it turned out looking as if it had been planned that way!


She also gave me a lovely broach, that I use as an embellishment on the hanging. Now that I have it at home, I will take it off sometimes to actually wear myself!


I hope everyone was more productive than I was this week! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment