Sunday 12 February 2012

On Track

Wow, it has been one of those weeks. I worked 47 hours at my job and managed to get everything done that I wanted to do at home. The hanging sleeve and label are sewn onto "All About Hearts". My two blocks are done for Block of the Month at Evening Threads Quilt Guild.
September - January Block of the Month Squares

I got the back sewn together for my "rail fence" quilt.
Rail Fence Back (before it was trimmed).

There is some rather interesting fabric in this. I would have loved to do the entire back in, but I didn't have enough. I made due with what I had, by adding some leftovers from the quilt top.
Interesting Fabric On Back

Then I pressed everything, layered it and pinned the whole thing together with about 500 pins. I trimmed off the excess fabric around the edges and this is what was left.
Rail Fence with about 500 pins.

I then put "The West Wing" 1st season on my computer, in my sewing room (because I have seen it before, but enjoy listening to it while I sew), and managed to get 1/4 of it basted. I will continue working on it this week, but am going to be at my job 10 hours a day, so probably won't get that much done. I also have quilt guild meetings Wednesday & Thursday nights. I do get to show my "All About Hearts" wall hanging Wednesday night and get to see what everyone else did with their hearts, so that is will be fun!
Have a good week and enjoy whatever you are working on!

1 comment:

  1. I...do...NOT...have the patience to do anything that involves installing and uninstalling 500 pins. You quilters are made of stern stuff, indeed.

    ReplyDelete