Sunday 11 March 2012

Basting is done!

I finally finished basting my rail fence quilt! I can't believe it took this long, but finally the five hundred pins have all been removed and I will be able to start the actual quilting.

I took the entry form for next month's quilt show in to Thimbles & Things on Saturday, so "All About Hearts" will be in the show. I was just going to have a quick look around, but I spotted the Timeless Treasure border print. I couldn't believe that it was still there. We had a demonstration of how to do one fabric quilts, at guild, a couple of weeks ago & I thought that this one would have run out of the store.


Going across the fabric, it has just over a 10.5 inch repeat. I decided that it would be my first real project after my husband finishes my cutting table. I say real, because actually the first will be to trim the fabric I got for my new design wall. I figure I will need the wall to play with the pieces to get them they way I like. Of course, I will wait that long!


Yes, after working a 57 hour week, you guessed it. I cut a strip of it, using my old table that hurts my back, and got four squares out of it and cut those diagonally and rearranged them on the floor to come up with this. Just like in Kay Nickols book "Wonderful 1 Fabric Quilts". I think I am going to need more fabric! I only bought 4 meters and I want to try a couple of other cuts to make sure which I like best. Yes, I am a quilt nut!

Have a great week and I hope you get lots of time to quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment