Sunday 18 March 2012

It Is Done!

My new cutting table is finished! It is wonderful! I got up early today, on my day off, to figure out how to make my design wall. I had decided against styrafoam as a fire hazzard, couldn't get a large piece of cork board & didn't want to piece a bunch together. I finally decided on a white flannelette wall hanging filled with quilt batt.


What do you think? Now I won't have to photograph everything on the floor of our family room. I really like how my "1 fabric quilt" is shaping up. I picked up more fabric after working yesterday morning. Now I have enough to play a little.

Now a drum roll please...here is my cutting table!


It is an original design, part my idea, part my husband's, with finishing touches from our youngest daughter, to make all our ideas come together. It is 36.5 inches high, so I can keep my back straight when I am cutting. The top is 30" x 60". It has 24 cubes for storage and room in between to keep all my rulers. Sam worked hard this week to get it built! Oh..that is my "box" on top. Sam made that for me a few years ago. It is 18" wide, 17" high & 12" deep. It is a miniture chest of drawers, with nine individual drawers, to neatly store a bunch of my sewing supplies.

Just a few more pictures!



I should have taken pictures of my old sewing room, with everything crammed into an 8' x 9' room. My new room is heavenly to work in! A big thank you to my husband!

Hopefully, I will get some sewing done this week. It is back to my rail fence quilt, to get the quilting planned out and started.

Happy sewing & quilting to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment