Sunday 15 April 2012

Having Fun

I was amazed by how much fun I had the past few weeks making my "Crooked Cobblestone" wall hanging. Thanks again to Wanda of "Exhuberant Colour" for sharing her ideas on-line. I know I will be making more wall hangings like this. Our projects should be fun. If we don't enjoy it, why do it? I decided to have more fun this week. We were asked to bring a small basket to guild this coming week. I did not own one and really didn't want to go out and buy one, so I decided to make one. I remembered my sister making baskets out of fabric wrapped around clothes line and then zig-zagged it together and decided to give it a try.


I was pleased with the way it turned out. A little friend that my granddaughter had left out of the toy box was pleased with it too!


I wonder how many guild members are old enough to remember when this method of basket making was popular? My sister would fancy her's up with eye shaped holes and extra pieces put in to give a really wonkey shape. Oh well enough playing.

I then got busy and did my two blocks of the month. This project is really starting to grow.


It is going to be a busy week with still working 56 or so hours and my two quilt guild meetings Wednesday and Thursday evenings. I am afraid that there won't be much time for sewing. If I don't manage to get much done, I will have to show you something else from around my home.

Try to do something fun this week and let me know what it is! Whatever it is, enjoy your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment