Sunday 29 April 2012

Only Squares

Well I didn't get any quilting done on my rail fence quilt, but I did try out several ideas and think I know what pattern I will use when I do start it. I have my machine bobbin all filled and ready to go. What I did do was my two block of the month squares.
I am very pleased with the way it is turning out. Next I was on to the two squares for the charity quilt my guild is making. Here are the colours that my youngest daughter picked out last week.
These are 14.5 inch squares. They are going to be cut in half diagonally and then sewn back together with different halves. Then they will have hearts appliqued in the center squares. The squares have to be with pinks or reds. I am hoping that mine will get mixed with some red to tone down the pink a little.
I just folded one of my squares in half to give you sort of an idea of what it will look like. It will be much more fun with different halves sewn together! My busy work season ends tomorrow and I am only working two days this week, so I should be able to get some quilting done. I am out to a Johnny Reid concert Wednesday night and away all day Friday going to the quilt show in Ailsa Craig - the Quilts of Denmark. I think they both will be good shows. Have a great week and I hope you get time to quilt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment