Sunday 1 April 2012

Hopeless!

Not quite! I didn't do any work on my rail fence quilt this week. Now that my confession is out of the way, lets look at things a little more positive. I did get my crooked cobblestones sewn together, a backing and binding picked out, got it layered and marked out the quilting. I even started to quilt it, then life interferred, with house work & meals & shopping, etc.

I did do a very small new project. There is a push up framed panel in the ceiling of my quilting room. It is the access to the inside shut-off tap for an outside tap. For some reason my husband never got the panel itself painted. Our youngest daughter, who used to have a bedsitting room in what is now my sewing room, was over and was teasing me about it. As soon as I finished work on Saturday, I got busy and made a cover for it.


Yes, that is my crooked cobblestones layered and waiting for me. Do you see the small framed area in the ceiling, just to the right of the window? That is what I worked on.


Nice frame, but still having trouble seeing what I did. How about a closer, close-up?


A sashiko water pattern! What else would you hide a water shut-off tap behind? I did it with my Baby Lock Sashiko sewing machine. This is the machine that I have been using for quilting since I bought it last year. I use the shortest setting and it almost looks like hand quilting on the front. I thought I could use the practise, before starting to quilt my crooked cobblestones.

Have a good week & I promise to have the finished hanging to show you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment