Sunday 22 April 2012

Withdrawal

It has been a very busy week, with work and quilt guilds and our local quilt show this weekend. By last night, I had not done any sewing since last Sunday. I was going into withdrawal, even though I had been around quilting all week. I quick grabbed the piece of fabric I had cut for the hanging sleeve for my unloved fabric wall hanging, sewed the seam, pressed it, pinned it on and sat watching a movie while I sewed it on. I think I am going to be OK!!! Something more interesting, my youngest daughter sent me pictures of three wall hangings that I had made for her. Two started life as panels, but I think turned out rather nice.
Halloween is fun!
Christmas is even more fun, but I think you need a close-up to see that I quilted it with gold thread.
"Winding Ways" using Marti Michell templates. This was a fun trip down memory lane for me, as these were made several years ago. I love the colours in the "Winding Ways". It was all picked out by my daughter. She has great taste in fabric and we had fun shopping together. I have two squares to make for a charity quilt Evening Threads Quilt Guild is making (my daughter went shopping with me & picked out the colours for me). I have two squares to make for my block of the month quilt. Then I really must get back to my rail fence & get some quilting done. After that I guess it will be another project for my daughter as she fell in love with a "Day and Night" table runner at the quilt show yesterday, so picked out fabric for that, while we were shopping. Well that is my sewing planned out for the next while! We are expecting snow tomorrow, so at least the quilters in my area won't want to be out doing yard work, so happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment