Sunday 6 May 2012

I'm Doing It!

Finally, I have started quilting my rail fence quilt! I have done a line of quilting 1/4 inch off the seams joining all of the blocks. Then I am doing 1/4 inch off the edge of the wide strips in each square. I only have a few of those done, but I am working on it.
Why am I so proud of myself? I was busy all week and only managed to sew Saturday evening and part of today, so I am amazed that I got this much done. My husband is down in Toronto right now picking up our grandson from England, who is over to meet up with his cousin and go on a tour of the USA. I think he will only be with us for a few days. As a result I am posting my blog a little earlier than usual. What else did I do this week? I finally found fabric for my "Itty Bitty Pinwheel" wall hanging that I have been wanting to do for almost a year.
It is going to be very bright! I also got a few more oranges for what was supposed to be an all orange wall hanging. It now has a couple of browns in it, but still a lot of oranges.
I am going to have lots of fun sewing this summer with bright fabrics like these! My plan for the week is to keep going on my rail fence quilt. I am only working three days this week, so I should have a lot done by next Sunday night. Please send me nasty comments if I don't! After all that is the whole reason for this blog - to keep me on track and sewing like crazy! I hope you get lots done too! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment