Sunday 13 May 2012

63 Blocks Quilted

I have all 63 blocks in my rail fence quilted!!! I also have about a quarter of the wrong side threads finished off. I am very happy with my progress. I have to finish off the rest of the threads and quilt the outer two borders and the quilting will be done.
I know you can't tell it is quilted. How about this?
Too bad the basting stitches show up better than the quilting. Oh well! As you can tell, I am not very good at photography. After I get the quilting finished and bind it, I am going to applique a bunch of knitting sheep to the top edge of the back, up-side-down, so when the top edge gets turned down, they will be right-side-up. What are knitting sheep? You will just have to wait and see! I have already made the label. I found a real rail fence in the clip art on my computer so I am using that. Again I am making you wait to see it. In this case because it is getting late, so I am not taking the time for another picture. It is back to work for me tomorrow, so I need to get to bed. The fresh air I got today, cutting all the grass, tired me out. My husband was going to do it when he got home from golf, but I knew he wanted to catch the end of the British soccer, so I went ahead and did it. Unfortunately, soccer didn't work out, as we got a call from his sister, that she had been admitted to the hospital with breathing problems. At 86 that is not joke, so we ran up there and spent some time with her. When I think about it, I am surprised that I did get the blocks all quilted! I am going to try to be working on the knitting sheep by this time next week, so I can show them off! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment