Tuesday 22 May 2012

Better Late than Never?

I'm late & I am sorry. I forgot it was a long weekend & I have been busy with non-quilting things. I finished the quilting on my rail fence quilt and got the front of the binding machine sewn on and pinned it to the back. I promised interesting? things and here goes!
Knitting Sheep from Timeless Treasures Fabrics, Inc. Now for some close-ups:
In case you missed me talking about this quilt, it is for my sister. All the prints on the front of it represent parts of her life. The big thing I missed was her knitting. I found these knitting sheep and had to add them. They are going to be appliqued across the top of the back of the quilt, up-side-down, so that when the quilt is on a bed and gets turned down, the sheep (3 repeats of 4 sheep,)all 12 of them, will be right-side-up across the top. I think my sister will get a laugh out of them! For a number of years we lived on a farm and raised sheep, so these cover that part of her life as well as her knitting. I even found clip art of a rail fence, so thought that it was appropriate to add to the label. Sorry, I still haven't figured out how to change a picture from landscape to vertical without making it smaller, so here is my label, sideways.
I did end up working five days last week and will probably do the same this week, so it cut into my sewing time. Il Divo at the Air Canada Centre, in Toronto, were great Saturday night! My two main gardens acquired a bunch more perennials on Sunday. I had hoped to have the binding completely sewn on rather than the back pinned. This week my aim is to do the hand sewing on the binding and applique all the sheep on as well as finishing off a bunch more threads. Gee, that would mean the the quilt would be finished! All I am saying is that I will try! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment