Tuesday 12 March 2013

New Project For Spring

Yes, I had to do it! I know that I have many things on the go, but spring flowers were calling to me. I was supposed to be doing paper pieced flowers, but I just wasn't feeling like it. My sister recommended an older book (from 2004) by Jan Bode Smiley, "focus on Batiks". It had some machine pieced flowers on the cover that just plain talked to me. They said "Make me, make me, make me!!!". So two weeks ago, in a weakened mental state, from working too many hours at work, I bought some fabric. I didn't get to start it until I managed to cut out some of the pieces last night. Here is the first nine inch (finished size) block. As you can see they are on point & I am very pleased with it. It was a little difficult to get the angles right, but after a couple of sessions with my seam ripper, I finally got it right. Here is another couple of colourways that I will be making up. And a few more. The red one isn't complete yet. I need eight flowers in all, so will be searching my stash for some variety. I already have the sashing that will go between the squares. This has me excited! It is exactly what I needed to work on as I dream of spring & the end of my busy season at work. I was good and caught up on laundry and housework before sewing today! Have a good week & I will see if I can manage to have another couple of blocks to show you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment