Sunday 17 March 2013

One More Flower

I only had time to make one more flower this week. I guess it is time to show you the material I have for sashing. I just can't decide which direction to cut it. Should the wavy stripes be up and down like a picket fence or sideways like a rail fence? I am having trouble deciding. Now, what did I spend my time on this week? I challenged my quilt guild to make fabric name tags back in January. I told them I would give them two months to see what they would come up with, lots of time for me to make one as well. Well I forgot how crazy busy time is at work and almost decided not to make one, then decided that it wouldn't be fair. So I got busy and used the idea of our guild logo. This really isn't cheating because I designed the logo in the first place. Here is the logo. Now for my new name tag. What do you think? It took me quite a while. I don't have an embroidery machine, so all the lettering was just me following the pattern I made with a satin stitch. At least I made one! I feel really good about that. I sewed two metal washers inside it near the top edge and then have a magnetic strip that goes on the back to hold it on. That way I don't end up with pin holes in all my clothes. It is a busy week for me with two different quilt guild meeting this week on top of 58 hours of work. I am still going to try to get another flower made. I hope you have a good week of sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment