Sunday 15 January 2012

Rail Fence Top Finished!

I did it! It is Sunday evening and I finished the quilt top!


Not a great picture, but not too bad. Here are a few close-ups to give you a better look at the fabric I used.


Those are swirled piano keyboards in the outside border. There is a lot of music fabric scattered around as well. The person this is for is a great pianist. She was also a teacher (Dr Seuss and alphabet fabric), mother of two boys (running shoe fabric), and a daughter (who sews, so scissor fabric), and loves dogs (dog commands & bones fabric).










That last one has all sorts of sewing, embroidery, irons, thimbles, pins, scissors, etc. for all the quilting, etc that she does. There is also a floral for her gardening. The only big thing I missed was her knitting. Oh well, I will add that to the label that I will do when the quilting is all finished. I really like this music fabric.


I put in eight blue strips in the entire quilt. It just breaks up the pattern a little & is her favourite colour as well.

Well four days of work coming up and quilt guilds Wednesday & Thursday evenings, so not much chance to sew this week. I will try to do something! I do have to plan out how I am going to quilt this top. That will keep me dreaming until I can get back to it. Maybe I will have time to sew the back together! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment