Friday 20 January 2012

Show & Tell

It has been a crazy week. Really didn't do anything that I planned to. I was sick Monday and Tuesday. Dragged myself to work on Wednesday and went to Evening Treads Quilt Guild in the evening to show my rail fence quilt.

Show & Tell at Evening Treads Quilt Guild

The guild bought an accuquilt GO, so our craft time was spent trying it out. We had been instructed to bring 5 - 10 pieces of red, pink or burgandy fabric, 5" x 10" with Steam-A-Seam ironed to the back of them. We all cut out hearts.

Some of our hearts!

This was a great way to get us all used to the machine and answer any of our questions. Then came the fun part. A new challenge from Sue. Make a wall hanging or quilt blocks or something with the hearts we cut out and bring it to the next meeting! I ended up with 10 large, 10 medium and 30 small hearts. This is going to take some thought! I did use three of my Asian reds as they have a pink hue, so go well with pinks. Asian makes me think of indigo background and sashiko. What can you make out of hearts...hearts, flowers, butterflies! I am seeing a garden of hearts! On to my sketch book! More to follow! Wait a minute...what about the back for my rail fence quilt? It will just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment